The Association of Jewish Educators (AJE) is an organization that promotes public education in the Jewish community. It proudly represents all Jewish employees in the Los Angeles Unified School District. We welcome all educators, administrators, and interested community members to join our organization. Its focus is on protecting Jewish issues in District Policies that involve the separation of church and state, sensitivity for religious observances and the adoption of appropriate instructional materials. AJE is a proud member of the Multi-Cultural Coalition to award scholarships to students of many ethnic and cultural backgrounds and to promote cultural awareness and human relations. Purpose: The Association of Jewish Educators is committed to support the professional and educational growth and well-being of Jewish educators, administrators, students, and their families in the Los Angeles Unified School District and greater community.
- To function in an advocacy role in responding to the needs of the school community.
- To provide professional assistance to community groups, boards of education, and other leaders in or related to the field of education.
- To initiate and coordinate activities and programs in order to promote positive educational, economic, and environmental development in the community we serve.
- To build leadership capacity and create leadership opportunities for all members.
-To serve as support and a source of information.
- To provide scholarships to exceptional Jewish High School students and students of all backgrounds who work to improve inter-group harmony.
Get in touch today and get involved with our cause.